About Umdobi Bush Camp
Set in the thick of the Zululand bush, within minutes of Sodwana Bays protected waters and sweeping sandy beaches, Umdobi Bush Camp offers you a quiet escape that is almost untouched by the modern world.Located on historical land, the setting is priceless and campsites lie evenly distributed between the sturdy trees, indigenous fauna and long grass. The beauty of this campsite is that you are camping in the bush but a day at the beach is just 15.5km away from you.Umdobi Bush Camp is equipped with all the essentials; hot and cold running showers, flush toilets, power poi
The beach, located in the iSimangaliso Wetland Park, is only 15km from us.
Our campsites are private, with bush between you and your neighbor.
Availability and Pricing
Select dates (Your dates are Available)
IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE SURE THAT EVERYONE IN YOUR CAMP UNDERSTANDS AND APPLYS OUR CAMP RULES
1. The right of access to Umdobi Bush Camp is reserved and the use of the facilities is governed by these rules. A person who does not comply with these rules and regulations or misbehaves or disregards any notice board affixed to the resort, must leave the resort at the request of the owner or resort manager. No entry fees or accommodation fees will be refunded.
2. Access and use of any facilities, in or on the premises, is at your own risk and the visitor indemnifies the owner, resort management and any employee against any damage, loss or injury of whatever nature the visitor may suffer. The owner, resort management and employees take no responsibility for any damage to vehicles, caravans, or tents through branches of broken or debris trees and of animals or any unexpected natural disasters or elements. Our swimming pool is not fenced or supervised, please look after your kids.
3. You are not allowed to cut any trees to accommodate your caravan or tent on a campsite, we will decide and do the cutting, should we agree.
4. Your vehicles must fit on your campsite with your caravan and/or tents, you are not allowed to make your own parking space in the bushes next to your campsite, if you experience a problem with the space you should talk to us, we will be able to designate an alternative parking space for you. We do not have space for big boats on Umdobi.
5. The owner and resort management reserve the right to request any person who intentionally damages property, trees, or plants to leave the resort and to recover from the visitor the costs arising from their repair.
6. Pets are allowed, but under no circumstances may be a nuisance for any companion. No pets are allowed in the tents or caravans when you leave the camp, during the day or night. Arrangements can be made with management so that someone can look after the animals, at an additional fee. You are responsible for cleaning behind your pet. NO PETS ALLOWED ON THE BEACH.
7. No glass or animals are allowed in the pool. Please do not throw stones and other objects into the pool.
8. No motorcycles or 4-wheel motorcycles (quad bikes) can drive around in Umdobi Bush Camp for fun.
9. No fireworks are allowed.
10. NO NOISE OR LOAD MUSIC ARE ALLOWED (DAY or NIGHT). Your music and tone of voice should always not be disturbing to other campers. If someone walk past your campsite and can hear your music, then it is too load. Use the opportunity to listen to the sounds of nature.
11. Visitors are cautioned to always drive with care and not exceed the speed limit of 15 km/h. No person without a valid driver's license may drive on the roads of the resort.
12. Nothing, except litter, may be removed from the field. Especially not firewood.
13. Fires are only allowed on the braai area. No fires on the paving or lawn please.
14. Caravans and tents may only be parked and stored at a campsite and power may only be obtained from the specific campsite's power points. There is only one power point per site.
15. Please leave everything in the condition you would like to find it.
16. Thank you for not littering and please use water sparingly.
17. We lock the gate at 10pm and opens at 6am. Otherwise, arrange with management.
18. No day visitors allowed.
19. Smoking is prohibited in all public areas, including the ablutions. Please do not scatter your cigarette butts, especially in the bush.
20. Arrival times for stands are at 12h00. Sites must be vacated by 10h00 on the day of departure.
21. Dustbins, brooms, mops, drying trays, etc. must stay at the site number marked on it.
- Laundry Facilities*
- Swimming Pool
- Pet Friendly*
- Parking on Premises
- Covid Safety Approved
*Distances are shown as the crow flies and not necessarily the actual travelling